The longest nerve in the body is the sciatica nerve. The sciatica nerve starts from the lower part of the spine, through your hip to the back of the leg. So when it is said sciatica, we refer to pain in this nerve. Since the nerve covers the spine, hip and leg, sciatica pain is felt in the areas through which it passes. The lower leg muscles and sensation in the legs, thighs and feet are controlled by this nerve.
Symptoms usually include:
1. Pain that radiates from the lower back to the hip and to the leg
2. Sharp, tingling, dull, constant or burning pain
3. Loss of bladder or bowel control
4. Sneezing or coughing increases pain
5. Moving the leg gets difficult so usual activities like walking, sitting and standing become painful
6. Constant or continuous pain in left or right leg (one side of the buttock or leg), but sometimes in both sides.
7. Weekness/ Numbness when moving the legs or foot.
8. Pin or Needles sensation down the legs in sometimes
Physiotherapy will be helpful or recommendable for Sciatica pain.
To know more Please visit Drpayalphysiotherapy.in